grab a cup of coffee

reflection for week 3

For this week’s reflection I really liked the flipped classroom model. This model is used by giving students pre class work to prepare for the lesson. Students are welcome to do this if they are feeling like they do not have a good grasp of the subject to feel more comfortable. In addition, students who feel they understand the concepts do not have to do the pre-class work. This is a wonderful way to help all students feel prepared and equal in the classroom. I think the strengths of this are giving students independence in their own learning and allowing them to feel prepared for lessons which can help students feel less anxious. A weakness could be students feeling overwhelmed with having to get the pre work done before class. This strategy is great however, it is not suitable for all age groups. I think this would be beneficial for grade sixes and above considering they are more mature and would be able to understand this concept. 

After watching the multimedia video, it is an amazing strategy and tool to add into classrooms.

https://youtu.be/g-sknUVq1mk?si=bXvGUfpXHC77tAWL

I remember my grade 11 bio class we would go through power points that would have photos and a paragraph of text and I would have to look at one or the other and try to type notes as fast as possible. I usually would not retain any of this because we were not able to look back and digest any of the knowledge. With the multimedia learning strategy, he discusses having photos that only relate to what the learners need to know, having photos and speaking about them rather than having texts, or allowing students access to the power points to go back. Overall, I would use the multimedia strategy in future teaching. 

Having video editing, screen recording and voiceover skills can be extremely helpful when teaching. These skills can help when you are away sick or if your class must be online. This can be used for any grade level, but the most effective grade levels would be grade 3-8. To make these videos engaging it would help to add more photos rather than text and add in questions throughout the video to keep your students engaged. 

My voice over and game!

https://unsplash.com/photos/a-laptop-computer-sitting-on-top-of-a-white-desk-gNb1-SYL5G0?utm_content=creditShareLink&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=unsplash

1. katecarnwell

This blog post is strong and meets all the points on the rubric. I enjoy the choice of images and the inclusion of a hyperlink. Maybe in the future you could also add another hyper link to relate to your interactive video. Your writing is strong and concise. I also really enjoyed the inclusion of a personal connection.

Great job!

© 2024 blogsbyjaime